We’re looking for a consultant to undertake training on Climate Literacy aimed at cultural SMEs, artists and heritage practitioners across the North East. In 2019 the North East Culture Partnership (NECP) focussed its Annual Forum on Environmental and Climate Change...
We’re looking for a consultant to undertake training on Climate Literacy aimed at cultural SMEs, artists and heritage practitioners across the North East.
In 2019 the North East Culture Partnership (NECP) focussed its Annual Forum on Environmental and Climate Change themes (find out more here) and has now established a Climate Sub-Group that aims to support and improve the connections between the region’s cultural sector with the challenges of Climate Change and the Climate Emergency.
We hope this work will raise the level of education and debate, and inform practice to improve our regional infrastructure development. We are anticipating that the Consultant or Agency will deliver a number of online workshops which might be tailored to individual areas of practice (Performing Arts, Museums, Heritage, Visual Arts, Festivals etc) and that whilst the sessions may cover the core principles of Climate Literacy they could be tailored with a guest speaker or contributions from various art or heritage practitioners.
This brief is an invited call advertised via the NECP website and social media, we welcome collaborations or joint applications.
To be considered please submit your proposal via email to email@example.com – including:
- Links to websites, social media platforms illustrating previous experience
- Written, audio or video statement about your knowledge and experience, approach and methodology, creative ideas related to the brief (500 words)
- Name of two independent referees from two recent projects
Timeline (guidance only)
- October and November – advertise for a consultant
- 28 November – closing date for applications
- December – interviews and briefing for a successful consultant/s
- January to March – Climate Literacy training sessions
- April – report and recommendations for Climate issues within Case for Culture
The £3,000 fee is fixed for phase 1 to be completed by April 2022 – future training and support could be developed pending further funding.
Download the briefing document for a consultant to deliver Climate Literacy training.