Call out for Artist-led Discussion Proposals07 September 2018
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS EXTENDED TO 4 OCTOBER 2018.
On Monday 5 November at ARC in Stockton from 10am – 4pm, the North East Culture Partnership (NECP) will hold its second annual Stakeholder Forum.
The forum brings together people from the region’s cultural sector for a day of debate and discussion around the Case for Culture, the region’s 15-year vision, first published in 2015.
NECP is looking for arts and heritage practitioners interested in leading and facilitating discussions as part of the day.
We want to ensure that the agenda works for artists and freelance workers as well as those working within organisations, therefore we are looking for artists and practitioners to propose discussions they would like to lead. As part of your proposal, please consider how you will record any ideas/actions generated.
Discussions can take any form (please be creative!) from ‘in conversation with…’ to a panel debate, and anything in-between. We want provocative, challenging and positive ideas around how the sector can best support the Case for Culture ambitions around arts and heritage.
Up to five artist-led sessions will take place simultaneously during the event, with 75 minutes allocated. Attendees will be encouraged to move between sessions if they wish.
What to do next
- Read the Case for Culture here for context
- Find out more about the NECP here
- You can submit your idea in any way that works for you – an audio file, a short video or in writing by completing the attached submission form: Download Discussion Submission Form
- We ask you to cover the following in your application: 1. About yourself and your connection to the North East. 2. Outline of your proposed session including who will be involved in delivering it. 3. Who you think would be interested in attending this session.
- Get in touch if you have any questions.
- Send to Peter Bromley by 10am on 4 October 2018: firstname.lastname@example.org
Good to know
A fee of £300 including expenses is available for delivery of each discussion.
Selected artists will be contacted by Friday 5 October 2018.